Welcome to the Publication Scheme for Susan R Bowers as required by the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
The Publication Scheme is a complete guide to the information routinely made available to the public by Susan R Bowers. It is a description of the information about our NHS services that we make publicly available. It will be reviewed at regular intervals and we will monitor its effectiveness.
How much does it cost?
The publications are free unless otherwise indicated. Where information is provided at cost, the charges will be calculated as set out in Class 7.
How is the information made available?
The information within each Class is available in hard copy from:
Susan R Bowers,
349 Tile Hill Lane ,
Coventry CV4 9DU
Or can be printed from this website: www.susanrbowers.co.uk
Your Rights to information
- The Freedom of Information Act 2000 is designed to promote openness and accountability amongst all organisations that receive public money.
- From January 1 st 2005 it will oblige opticians' and optometrists' practices to respond to requests about the NHS related information that it holds, and it will create a right of access to that information. These rights are subject to some exemptions that have to be taken into consideration before releasing information.
- In addition to accessing the information identified in the Publication Scheme, you are entitled to request information about our NHS services under the NHS Openness Code 1995.
- New environmental information regulations may be introduced as early as 2003. These will enable similar access to environmental information as under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
- Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you are also entitled to access your clinical records or any other personal information held about you and you can contact any practice where your records are held to do this.
If you have any comments about the operation of the Publication Scheme, or how we have dealt with your request for information from the scheme, please write to:
Mrs Susan R Bowers
349 Tile Hill Lane
Coventry CV4 9DU
Classes of Information
All NHS information at Susan R Bowers is held, retained and destroyed within NHS guidelines. Our commitment to publish information excludes any information that can be legitimately withheld under the exemptions set out in the NHS Openness Code or Freedom of Information Act 2000. From 2005, individual Classes are subject to exemptions, the main reasons being the protection of commercial interests and personal information under the Data Protection Act 1998. This Scheme has been written in accordance with those exemptions. The information on this Scheme is grouped into the following categories:
• Who are you?
• Company background, please see practice website
• List of practice, including contact phone numbers-349 Tile Hill Lane , Coventry CV4 9DU . Tel: 02476 46661
• Details of all the Opticians and Optometrists employed in our practice can be obtained by contacting the practice directly or looking on our website.
• Alternatively, details of all opticians and optometrists in the UK are available from the General Optical Council Tel: 0207 580 3898.
• Our services
Susan R Bowers provides free NHS eye tests for those who are eligible. You may also be entitled to vouchers
that can be used against the purchase of glasses or contact lenses if you require them. To find out if you are
eligible for assistance please look on our website.
Appointments for eye tests can be booked over the phone, or by dropping into the practice, or on line at our website.
Opening times can vary so please call to confirm, or access the website.
• Financial and funding information
For every eye test performed on behalf of the NHS the opticians practice receives a set fee of £19.80. This covers expenses such as optometrist and staff salaries, equipment costs and other store overheads.
If you are not eligible for the NHS eye test, please contact your local practice for details of our current charges or look on the website.
• Regular publications and information for the public
A complete set of information about optical and ocular conditions, eye tests, glasses, and contact lenses, can be found on www.susanrbowers.co.uk
Some of this information is also available in patient leaflets. These are freely available from our practice. To request a set of leaflets by post, please write to:
Susan R Bowers
349 Tile Hill Lane
Coventry CV4 9DU
If you have a complaint about any of our products or services, we recommend that you first discuss any problems with the manager at the practice concerned.
If the matter cannot be resolved in this way or you are unsatisfied with the response you receive please contact us on 02476 466661. A full copy of our complaints policy is available on request or on our website and can be found in Class 6.
• Our policies and procedures
- Data protection
- Health and safety
These are available on request from Mrs S R Bowers, 349 Tile Hill Lane , Coventry CV4 9DU .
• This publication scheme
In this class we will publish any changes we make to this publication scheme, the criteria on which our information management policies are made and a referral point for all enquiries regarding information management generally in practice. We will also publish any proposed changes or additions to publications already available.
Cost of information
For the most part, we will nobly charge for hard copies, or copies onto media. Charges are as follows and will be reviewed regularly.
- Accessed from our website – free of charge
- Single hard copies – free of charge
- Multiple hard copies, or archived copies will attract a charge for photocopying, retrieval and postage. We will inform you of the cost of these charges that will have to be paid in advance.
- E-mail will be free of charge.
Part 3. Useful Resources
- Information Commissioner
- NHS Openness Code
- Freedom of Information Act 2000